Sunday, January 20, 2008

What is Blogging all about and is Google AdSense a good idea?

Big topics these. I have found a very good site call entrepreneurs journey that gives excellent information on blogging, AdSense and the like. The conclusion I have reached after little over a month blogging (I reserve the right to change my mind later...) is that successful blogging requires a special interest and a discliplined journal keeper (which is really what a blogger is) as well as an interested audience. I have placed a lot of Google AdSense on this site. Still in experimental mode and I may start to remove some. My aim is to improve the quality of the content. One of the reasons why the Google AdSense revenue on this site is low is because it it a blog about blogging and there are so many of these that per click rates would naturally be very low... Looks like the "long tail" and "Microniches" in BlogLand really do mean something to Google... So much to learn!

No comments: